Student Employment, Part time
Admissions Representatives are the face of the university to guests who visit campus. This position focuses on promoting the university while engaging with a wide variety of prospective students and their families through the campus tour and chapel/lunch portion of visits. This job offers a great degree of flexibility with scheduling as hours fluctuate depending on the week and the time of year.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
(45%) Conduct campus tours
- Lead small and large group walking tours of campus
- Communicate clearly about campus programs, student life, and the admissions process
(45%) Escort guests to chapel/lunch
- Sit with guests during chapel services
- Each lunch in the cafeteria with guests
(10%) Provide prospective student event assistance
- Serve as a parking attendant
- Check in guests for events
- Oversee informational tables
- Prepare folders and event material handouts
- Help with event set up and tear down
- Provide guest escorts around campus
- Participate in student panels
- Host overnight guests on campus
- Currently enrolled student at NCU
- Customer service experience is preferred
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude and desire to promote NCU
- Applicants must be able to walk for at least an hour at a time in order to conduct tours. Work shifts vary depending on a student’s schedule and the time of year.
- Hiring timeline: Applications are accepted all year long. Hiring for fall semester typically occurs in April. Hiring for spring semester typically occurs in November.
- Time: 9:30-10:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 a.m., 1:15-2:15 p.m. and various hours between 8-4:30 p.m. during visit events
For more information, contact
David Duxbury at 612-343-4462 or email@example.com
The aforementioned statements are not intended to encompass all functions and qualifications of the position; rather, they are intended to provide a general framework of the requirements of the position. Job incumbents may be required to perform other functions not specifically addressed in this job description.
Questions? Contact us.
North Central University
Attn: Human Resources
910 Elliot Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55404-1391
Fax # (612) 343-8063