Digital Communications Assistant/Associate Professor
Full Time Faculty/Exempt
College of Business and Technology | School of Marketing and Digital Communications
North Central University Mission Statement
North Central University is a dynamic Christian learning community educating students for lives of service throughout society, the marketplace, and the church. In keeping with its Pentecostal heritage and mission, NCU models and expects excellence in both academic practice and Christian faith.
The primary responsibility of the faculty member is to teach undergraduate classes, further enhance the quality of the academic program, and engage in meaningful ways with students. Candidates will typically teach, as assigned, a variety of common Communication courses. An ideal candidate would be able to teach at least two technical areas, such as: web development, graphic design, videography, or photography. A typical teaching load consists of 4 three-credit classes per semester. Job duties also include academic advising of students, active participation in college committees, working as a team member in the School of Marketing and Digital Communications, working collaboratively with other faculty and the college administration, active involvement in recruiting activities for new students, and participation in and contribution to the general college community.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Graduate degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field
- Undergraduate degree in Communications or related field (if not masters/doctorate)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Field experience in the discipline with portfolio of work to share
- Experience using technology and tools used in digital communications including Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier, etc.), presentation software, and simple website-building tools.
- Experience with modern digital media (YouTube, Vimeo, Podcasting, Meta, Google, etc.) is a strong bonus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team member
- Empathy and listening skills to advise and serve students
- Committed to biblical integration in and out of the classroom
- Effective pedagogical practices, with an ongoing willingness to grow and develop
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to teach in-person and online courses, as necessary
Working conditions and frequency
Equipment and Tools
- Use of PC, telephone, and photocopier
- Will be trained in classroom technology
- Exposure to repetitive motion of the fingers, hands and wrists on a daily basis
- Work is performed in a Christ-centered urban environment
North Central University employs qualified individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, familial status, and status with regard to public assistance. Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
The aforementioned statements are not intended to encompass all functions and qualifications of the position; rather, they are intended to provide a general framework of the requirements of the position. Job incumbents may be required to perform other functions not specifically addressed in this job description.