Exempt – Administrative Faculty
The Registrar is responsible for academic records management, the development and enforcement of academic policies, the reporting of accurate data to various government and accrediting agencies, and leadership with faculty for quality academic services, curriculum and policy implementation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
(40%) Implement academic programs and policies to ensure efficient and accurate academic record maintenance.
- Work with College Deans in problem solving of academic issues related to quality classroom delivery.
- Issue academic probation warnings and dismissal notices, in consultation with the Office of the Provost.
- Design and supervise implementation of institutional policy concerning confidentiality of student information in compliance with FERPA and other federal and state data privacy regulations.
- Forecast information processing equipment needs and update as necessary.
- Create and supervise implementation of academic protocols in academic records and registration software.
- Work alongside Provost and College Deans to address all academic student petitions and appeals.
- Oversee consistent and fair employment of academic policies as set forth in the Catalog and through Academic Affairs Committee.
- Manage the timely dissemination of accurate information to faculty and staff.
- Create and assign official course codes, course prefixes, titles, departments and majors in conjunction with the Provost and the Academic Affairs Committee.
- Prepare academic calendar in cooperation with Office of the Provost.
- Supervise grade reporting from faculty and communication of grades to students.
(40%) Develop and oversee the University’s Academic Advising Program, registration process, graduation activities, credit transfers and university catalog for dissemination of university programs, procedures and policies to accurately track student progress toward the completion of their academic programs.
- Advise and reinforce Program Directors, faculty advisors and student regarding academic requirements and policies.
- Implement changes approved through academic governing bodies (Deans’ Council, College Academic Affairs, etc.) so all forms and publications are accurate regarding new majors, program restructuring, course titles, and course descriptions.
- Provide oversight support to Registration Coordinator regarding registration process providing materials for student and faculty registration packets, detailing academic program policies and registration duties.
- Provide oversight support to Registration Coordinator in disseminating information to registered students and oversee the follow-up of all students who do not complete academic registration.
- Provide oversight to Registration Coordinator regarding advisor assignments and quality and accuracy of the advising process by working closely with faculty.
- Certify proper program completion by students for graduation as prepared by Associate Registrar.
- Provide high level support to Associate Registrar in planning and executing all graduation activities.
- Arrange for training of all Registrar’s office personnel setting standards and benchmarks for training. Provide support to registrar in the implementation of the training plan for each position.
- Provide high level support as it related to PSEO functions.
- Provide high level support and approval to in the review the catalog on a yearly basis and revise the content incorporating all curricular and procedural changes.
- Cross-train other University One Stop members on the registration, graduation and other student facing processes and policies.
- Create and provides data and/or reports on university operations for tacking and evaluation.
(20%) General oversight of office staff and oversee budget.
- Formulate a detailed yearly budget, tracking monthly expenditures to ensure annual balanced budget.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director of the One Stop, develop and review office procedures maximizing accuracy, efficiency, productivity and customer service.
- Coordinate streamlined interdepartmental processes within the University One Stop Office; including but not limited to Student Financial Services, Online, Graduate Studies and Admissions.
- Conduct interviews for hiring, release, assignment of duties, workload adjustments full-time and part-time personnel to include
- Associate Registrar – direct report
- Student Records Specialist – daily report to Associate Registrar
Minimum Education and experience
Required-Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 4 years of record management experience
Preferred-Master’s degree in related field
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Knowledge of the academic environment and ability to work with faculty in creating and implementing curriculum change.
- Skill in organizational and personnel management.
- Skill in the application of mathematical processes to data analysis.
- Ability to problem-solve, make judgments, prioritize, and motivate others toward quality academic services.
- Ability to communicate and follow-up verbally in writing to ensure shared understanding of information.
- Ability to maintain composure to deal with customers professionally and effectively.
- Ability to manage detailed information and provide it in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Ability to plan and expedite activities with follow through in every area that pertains to academic programs.
- Ability to change and adapt to a rapidly changing schedule.
Working Conditions and Frequency:
Equipment and Tools
Digital technology of all types for approximately 95% of the workday
Exposure to repetitive motion of the fingers, hands and wrists on a daily basis
Work is performed in a Christ-centered urban environment
The aforementioned statements are not intended to encompass all functions and qualifications of the position; rather, they are intended to provide a general framework of the requirements of the position. Job incumbents may be required to perform other functions not specifically addressed in this job description.
Questions? Contact us.
North Central University
Attn: Human Resources
910 Elliot Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55404-1391
Fax # (612) 343-8063