Student Communications Assistant
Student Employment, Part time
The Student Communications Assistant works closely with the Director of Communications to facilitate the daily flow of internal communication for the university and may also participate in special communication projects.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Posting news items daily on Skyline News
- Aggregating daily posts into the weekly Skyline Report email
- Revising or creating VCS slides submitted for display on the monitors around campus
- Posting various types on content on Skyline, such as menus and weekly chapel schedules
- Interacting via email and phone with NCU students and employees
- Writing for other communications projects as requested
- Currently enrolled student at NCU
- Excellent written communication skills, grammar, and spelling
- Proven ability to manage workload and meet daily deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Professionalism, positive attitude toward work, and ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Prior CMS experience
- Knowledge of WordPress CMS, Canva, and/or Adobe Creative Suite helpful but not required
- Hiring timeline: position start date is the first week of classes; one week earlier if possible
- Hours/week: 6 hours/week
- Time: flexible based on student’s schedule, between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
For more information, contact
Nancy Zugschwert at 612.343.5001 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The aforementioned statements are not intended to encompass all functions and qualifications of the position; rather, they are intended to provide a general framework of the requirements of the position. Job incumbents may be required to perform other functions not specifically addressed in this job description.
Questions? Contact us.
North Central University
Attn: Human Resources
910 Elliot Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55404-1391
Fax # (612) 343-8063