New incoming students and their families should plan to arrive at North Central for check-in according to their assigned time on January 7, 2019. Check-in will take place in the Word and Worship Center’s Lower Atrium.
Park in any of the available lots across campus when you arrive. If you or your student is moving in, you will be directed to move your car to the appropriate building after check-in is complete.
If your family has extenuating circumstances that would merit missing check-in, please contact the Student Development Office with this information (email@example.com).
Welcome Week is designed to help orient students to NCU and attendance is required.
9 a.m. | New Transfers with on-campus housing
9:30 a.m. | New Freshmen with on-campus housing
10 a.m. | Re-Applicants with on-campus housing
11 a.m. | All Commuter students
Online classes begin.
- 9 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. New Student Check-In, Atrium
- New Transfers with on-campus housing | 9 a.m.
- New Freshmen with on-campus housing | 9:30 a.m.
- Re-Applicants with on-campus housing | 10 a.m.
- All Commuter students | 11 a.m.
- 12:30 p.m. – 1:15 p.m. Welcome Luncheon for New Students and Family, Anderson Chapel
- 1:15 p.m. – 2 p.m. Title IX & Safety Session, Anderson Chapel
- 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. Department Carousel, Various
- 4 p.m. Parent Dismissal, Anderson Chapel
- 4 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Meet the Deans, Atrium & Anderson Chapel
- 4:30 p.m. – 5 p.m. Welcome Week Groups, Anderson Chapel & Atrium
- 5 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Welcome Week Groups with Dinner & Commuter Connections Dinner, Cafeteria & “Aquarium”
- 8 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. Evening Activities- Incredibles 2 Showing & Dodgeball, Sanctuary & Gym
- 9 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Breakfast & Devotions with the Dean, Clay Commons
- 10:45 a.m. -11:30 a.m. Technology Time & Orientation Wrap-up, Communications Computer Lab Classroom
- 12 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. Destination Lunch, Cafeteria or off campus
- 2 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Personalized Class Tours, Various
- 2:15 p.m. – 3:15 p.m. Shopping Shuttle, Atrium then Target
- 3:30 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. Welcome Week Groups, CLC 202 & 203
- 5 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Dinner with Residence Advisors and Discipleship Leaders, Cafeteria
Onsite classes begin.
- 11 a.m. – 11:50 a.m. – Chapel, Sanctuary
- 10 p.m. – 12 a.m. – Praise Gathering (optional), Sanctuary