The city is your classroom.
Anyone who’s ever lived in downtown Minneapolis will tell you that it’s truly special. With something for everyone—from career opportunities to outdoor adventures to cultural experiences—this is a place where you’ll grow and thrive.
Here are some of the highlights.
- 2nd best downtown in America – Livability
- 5th best place to live for young adults – Greatist
- #1 healthiest city in America – Livability
Job, internship, and career opportunities
Minneapolis, and the surrounding metro area, has a strong and growing economy offering a variety of employment opportunities, whether you’re looking for an internship while you’re in school, a part-time job to earn a little extra money, or a fulfilling career in a field you love.
Parks and outdoor activities
Minneapolis is one of the best cities in America for people who want to live in an urban setting and love the great outdoors. Whether you’re looking to have a picnic or play some pickup soccer in a park, explore the city on your bike, or go for a swim in one of our many lakes, Minneapolis is a great place to get your nature fix.
Don’t know where to start? Check out our Recreation and Wellness Guide (pdf).
- #1 best parks in America – Next City
- 10th greenest city in America – WalletHub
- 6th Most bikeable city in America – Bicycling
Whether you love sports or theatre, food or music, Minneapolis has it all. With teams in all the major sports—basketball, baseball, football, and hockey, plus a soccer team on the way—you’ll have plenty of chances to see the action live. There’s a vibrant theatre and music scene, with iconic venues like the Guthrie, Ordway Theater, and First Avenue. And if you’re a foodie, our restaurants are some of the best in the nation with a wide variety of ethnicities represented.
Plus, our excellent public transit system makes it easy to get around, so adventure is never too far away.
- 5th best city for music scenes – Travel and Leisure
- 14th most cultured city in America – InfoPlease
- 5th best food city – Time.com
- 5th most “creatively vital” city in the country – Creative Vitality Index
Events in Minneapolis