Department: PSEO – YEAH
- Earned a Master of Arts and a Bachelor of Arts is Music Education from Augsburg College, Minneapolis, MN with specialized study in Orff-Kodaly Methods from Hamline University, St. Paul, MN.
- She has Minnesota K-12 Vocal/Instrumental and General Music Licensure.
- Her teaching experience includes a variety of public, private and home school settings as well as a private instructor in piano, organ, voice and accordion.
- Performance/directing experience includes Choral Director at the American Swedish Institute and at various churches in the Twin Cities metro area and in Sweden.
- She is the founder and director of K-12 music programs in multiple home school organizations.
- Is a member of the Minnesota Music Teachers Association, Minnesota Music Teachers Forum, National Guild of Piano Teachers, the National Educators Association and Education Minnesota, and American Choral Directors Association (ACDA).
- Has taught music at The Academy since 2011.
- Carolyn is personable and has an uncanny ability to motivate children of all ages. She has excellent interpersonal skills and a natural approach to teaching music and music theory; she is dedicated to inspiring young people’s love of music, including theory, skill and drill incorporating history into her motivational curriculum. She and her husband have home educated their three children since 1989 and have been members of YEAH since 2000.