Online Humanitarian Leadership major at a glance
North Central’s fully online Humanitarian Leadership major will prepare you for leadership and service in both humanitarian crisis and relief organizations, as well as a variety of non-profit settings.
Benefits of an online degree
When you earn your degree online through North Central University, you will:
- Take fully-online classes when the fit into your schedule.
- Save on room & board costs by earning your degree from home.
- Learn from the same highly-credentialed and biblically-minded faculty who teach on campus at NCU.
Want to learn more?
Download the one sheet!
Simply fill in your info on the form to download the informational one sheet that covers:
- An overview of the program
- Classes you’ll take
- Exciting jobs you can get after graduation
Interested in earning your degree in Humanitarian Leadership at NCU?
Why an Online Humanitarian Leadership major at North Central?
What you'll learn
When you graduate from the Humanitarian Leadership program, you’ll have the knowledge and skills for:
- Creating and serving in nonprofit organizations, or ministering to youth, children, and refugees in crisis.
Graduates with this degree will also be trained in conflict resolution and negotiation.
The Humanitarian Leadership degree program includes experience in an international or stateside practicum to firmly root a biblical and theological understanding of compassion to those struggling in humanitarian crisis and relief situations.
Get real-life humanitarian experience to prepare you for your job after graduation!
Our graduates succeed in a variety of jobs and careers. Here are some possibilities:
- Humanitarian relief and development professional
- Non-profit organization founder
- Non-profit organization administration/leadership
- Youth ministry
- Family ministry
- Liaison for refugees and crisis situations
All students must complete the General Education Core and Christian Studies Core. General electives may be added or an optional minor may be selected. You need 120 total credit hours to complete the Humanitarian Leadership degree.
Meet one of your professors
College Life Center (CLC)
Douglas M. Graham
Vice President of Spiritual Life
It is an incredible privilege to serve here at NCU! As a graduate (’86), I am proud that all four of my children are NCU Alums, and my wife will soon graduate with her degree! North Central University is indeed a Graham family legacy.
What are your areas of expertise?
My area of interest in teaching here at NCU is in church leadership and spiritual life development.
What do you love about teaching at North Central?
I love the hunger for life-long learning that is evident in the students at NCU. Students come to NCU because they intend for their life to make a difference in the world. I believe that the world and church of tomorrow rests in the students of today. For this reason, I am honored to be a part of an academic and spiritual preparation process that is committed to launching students around the world to be godly and strategic leaders for the 21st Century.
What are your favorite classes to teach?
- Personal Formation of the Spiritual Leader (freshman)
- Pastoral Theology (juniors)
- Personal Leadership Development (Graduate Studies – MA Strategic Leadership)