Professor Emerita, Department of English
- Ph.D. in Education, Administration and Supervision, University of Colorado, Boulder, 1979
- Dissertation: The Identification of Thinking Skills by Students Participating in an Academically Gifted Program
- Studied at Columbia University, New York, summers of 1977 and 1978
- M.A. in English Education, University of Colorado, 1973
- B.A. in English Education, University of Colorado, 1969
- Professor Emerita, North Central University, and adjunct, Institute for Biblical and Theological Studies, 2012-present,
- Professor, English, North Central University, Minneapolis, MN, 2002-present.
- Vice President, Academic Affairs, North Central University, Minneapolis, MN, 1998-2002.
- Vice President, Institutional Life and Innovation, North Central University, Minneapolis, MN, 1991-1998.
- Vice President, Student Life, North Central University, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 1983-1991.
- Pastoral Staff: Administrator, Christian Life Center (Assemblies of God) , Dayton, Ohio, 1981-1983.
- Director, Institute for Cognitive Development, Aurora, Colorado, 1979-1983.
- Front Line: A Daily Devotional Guide for Christian Leaders. Minneapolis, MN: NCU Press, 2004.
- St. Patrick, a three-act drama.
- Edited In Awe in Argentina with A/G missionary Rocky Grams. Lake Mary, FL: Creation House, 2006.
- Wrote a chapter in Transforming the City: Reframing Education for Urban Ministries published by Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans, 2002, and another chapter in Java & Justice, Minneapolis: NCU Press, 2006.
- Co-authored A Faithful Past, A Shining Future. Minneapolis: NCU Press, 2006.
- Wrote ”Rediscovering the Pioneering Spirit” published in Enrichment magazine, A/G: Springfield, MO Vol. 8, No. 2, spring, 2001, and “The Beauty of Stretch Marks” on the AG website, September, 2006.
- Chapter on Urban Curriculum included in a book by Dr. Eldin Villafae for an Hispanic audience, 2000.
- A book on Celtic Spirituality and another on narrative preaching. In process.
- Wrote “Toronto Blessing? Decide for Yourself” paper that circulated widely in the U.S. and overseas.
Dr. Tennant served on the National Task Force for the Network for Women in Ministry. She has served on numerous national committees for the Assemblies of God including the Board of the Alliance. Dr. Tennant has written for Enrichment and Evangel magazines, has published a devotional guide, had edited several other books, and writes regularly for the Women in Ministry newsletter and website. She also serves as an adjunct professor, teaching various courses for the doctoral program at the Assemblies of God Theological Seminary.
Areas of special study and interest include C.S. Lewis and the Inklings, Celtic church history, classical literature (she has had both Latin and Greek), writing, and revivals. She taught scriptwriting and wrote a play on the life of St. Patrick. Her interest in Celtic church history is based on the work of Christian author Stephen Lawhead. She has taught her course at a castle in the Austrian Alps with Lawhead that was attended by NCU students.