Assistant Professor, College of Fine Arts
Departments: College of Fine Arts
Office: Mensing Hall #105
- Oberlin Conservatory of Music—student of Richard Miller; Bachelor of Music: Vocal Performance/Piano
- Hochschule für Musik—Munich, Germany
- Fulbright scholar/D.A.A.D. (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst: German government exchange program) Specialist Master’s Degree: Wagnerian Opera
- Goethe Institute—Brannenberg, Germany; German language studies
- Oberlin Conservatory of Music—vocal performance pedagogy classes; Otto B. Schoepfle Vocal Arts Institute
- Oberlin Summer Music Theater: Music Theater and Opera
- Music Professor at North Central University since 2001 Teach principally private Voice lessons, Vocal Pedagogy, International Diction for Singers, Music History, Music Appreciation
- Adjunct voice and music professor, North Central University (2001-03)
- College choir director/music professor, Liberty Bible College (1978-82)
- Vocal Instructor, Saint Paul Bible College (Crown College) (1974-75)
- German Instructor, Northwestern College (1974-75)
- Portrayed Mary (mother of Jesus) and soloist in “The Passion Play” Easter production, North Heights Lutheran Church in Arden Hills, Minn. Annually 450+ in the cast, 125 animals, and over 20,000 in annual attendance. (1988-2007)
- Director of Dramatic Productions, Calvary Temple Worship Center—Ft. Wayne, IN (1988-2000)
- Assistant Drama and Music Director, Faith Bible Chapel—Arvada, CO (1984-88)
- With her husband, Kevin, Rebecca has produced, directed, and performed in over 1500 professional television, radio, stage and multimedia productions in Florida, Colorado, Ohio, Texas and Minnesota
- Music/drama evangelists in over 450 churches internationally
- Regional Winner, Metropolitan Opera Contest
- Fulbright/D.A.A.D. Scholarship for study of Wagnerian Opera and German in Germany; German language studies at the Goethe Institute in Germany
- Soloist with Minnesota Orchestra, Akron Symphony Orchestra
- Guest artists for General Council of the Assemblies of God at Oklahoma City
- Guest appearances on CBN, TBN, CBN (Family Channel)
- Recording artists with numerous albums to their credit, having soloed and recorded with Ronn Huff and the London Symphony Orchestra, and the Bavarian Broadcasting Company (on Deutsche Grammaphon label)
Rebecca has been training singers for nearly 33 years. She received her Bachelor of Music degree in voice, opera and piano from Oberlin Conservatory of Music where she was a student of internationally-known pedagogue, Richard Miller. While there, among other awards, she won first place in the Regional Metropolitan Opera competition.
She studied German at the Goethe Institute- Brannenburg and completed her graduate studies in Wagnerian Opera at the Hochschule für Musik in Munich, Germany. Currently at North Central University, Rebecca teaches applied voice, Music History, Music Appreciation, International Diction for Singers, and Vocal Pedagogy.
Rebecca and her husband Kevin have toured the United States presenting drama/music productions for hundreds of churches, conferences and conventions. They have been guests on the CBN, PTL and TBN television networks and produced a weekly television program for CBN.
For 19 years in the Twin Cities, Rebecca appeared in the North Heights Passion Play where she has been guest actress and soloist portraying Jesus’ mother Mary. For 13 years in Fort Wayne, Indiana, she and her husband directed The Living Cross, a massive Easter production with a cast of nearly 350 and over 32,000 in annual attendance. They also presented The Gospel According to Scrooge for 34 years in many cities across the United States and major productions in other states.