Sports Management Professor
Department: College of Business and Technology
Office: Liechty Hall #204
Master of Science Recreation & Sports Administration at Western Kentucky University
- Bachelor in Communication Studies and Public Relations at California State University
Significant Accomplishments and Experience
- With more than 20 years working in the sports industry, on-the-job experience affords him a well-rounded skill set, excels at student advising, mentorship and networking; research and development; providing a strong team dynamic
- Sacramento Kings/Golden 1 Center, Sacramento, CA Apr 2016 to September 2017 Operations Manager
- Supervision of facilities and event operations while multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Interviewing, hiring and training diverse employees; planning, assigning and directing work; confidentially appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems in a timely manner. § Focus on developing operational excellence, internal/external client relationships when implementing the strategic plan. § Provide personal tours for prospective partners and business associates. § Managed diverse group of employees while promoting the organizations commitment to racial and cultural diversity. § Support the Assistant General Manager in meeting operating deadlines, which include opening a brand new facility. Promote and maintain positive work environment. § Assist in planning and managing of a $30 million annual budget.
- Sacramento State, Sacramento, CA 1999 to 2016 Director of Athletic Operations and Facilities
- Manage intercollegiate operations and facilities for 20 intercollegiate sports, as part of the University’s overall Strategic Plan.