Applied Studies: Screenwriting at a glance
North Central University’s Applied Studies: Screenwriting program will teach you how to develop, write, rewrite, analyze, and cover screenplays of all kinds, including those for television, documentaries, and advertising. Through relevant courses taught by experienced faculty, you’ll become a master storyteller who can combine powerful images with inspiring dialogue. Offered in partnership with Minneapolis College, you’ll earn a bachelor’s degree from North Central and an associate’s degree from Minneapolis College while pursuing a fulfilling career in this marketable and growing field.
What sets us apart
- Skills you’ll gain
When you graduate from the Screenwriting program, you’ll be prepared with skills and knowledge in:
- Fundamentals of screenwriting, including plot, dialogue, scenes, and character development
- Dramatic and nonfiction screenwriting
- Business and legal aspects of screenwriting
- Offering and receiving feedback
- Potential careers
Our graduates succeed in a variety of jobs and careers. Here are some possibilities:
- Script Analyst
- Script Reader
- Script Consultant
- Production Assistant
- Independent Producer
You could work in a variety of settings, including:
- Local and national film and video production houses
- Local and national independent producers
- Independent home video distribution companies
- In-house production departments within corporations
- Local and national film studios
- Local and national television, cable stations, and networks
- Local and national advertising agencies
- Freelance work
- Minors & supporting programs
We want you to be well-rounded and well-prepared when you graduate, so you’ll have the opportunity to choose a minor or supporting program so you can explore another area of interest. Here are some possibilities:
- Business Administration
- English: Writing
- Intercultural Studies
- Media Communications
- Media Production
- Public Relations and Advertising
- Leadership Development
- Urban Studies
See the full list of minors and supporting programs.
Josh Chitwood '15
"I was always challenged, encouraged and supported by my professors at NCU, even before I arrived on campus. The assignments were stretching and had plenty of space for creative thinking and incorporating faith."
All students must complete the General Education Core and Christian Studies Core. General electives may be added or an optional minor may be selected. You need 124 total credit hours to complete an Applied Studies: Screenwriting degree.
<iframe style=”border: 0;” src=”https://go.northcentral.edu/l/502081/2020-03-20/2fjm6b” width=”100%” height=”500″ frameborder=”0″></iframe>
Want to learn more?
Download the one sheet!
Simply fill in your info on the form to download the informational one sheet that covers:
- An overview of the program
- Classes you’ll take
- Exciting jobs you can get after graduation
Interested in earning your degree in Accounting and Finance at NCU?
Meet one of your professors
Interim Dean of Graduate and Professional Education
Associate Professor, Business Administration
Department: College of Business and Technology
- Juris Doctorate, Southern University Law Center
- Master of Business Administration, Metropolitan State University
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Northwestern State University
- Licensed Attorney, Louisiana and Minnesota
- Moot Court Board, Southern University Law Center
- The Journal of Race, Gender & Poverty Publication, Southern University Law Center
- The American Trial Lawyers Association Mock trial team, Southern University Law Center